It's been a long time since I last posted an entry in this blogsite. And of course, the reason is nothing else but the super hectic schedule that I have nowadays. Teaching for me is really a challenge, most especially because I don't really have a deep background on the subjects that I am teaching, and well, I must admit that "speaking" is not really my forte... But since I accepted the job, I have to deliver no matter what it takes. And that means reading a lot, taking time to understand the lessons that I'm gonna teach, thinking of a strategy on how to deliver the lecture, and the list goes on... Sometimes a 1.5-hour lecture would take me 2 days to prepare...
That's just the teaching part... I just realized recently that a teacher should also be a performer. With the many committee works assigned to me, particularly that of the faculty follies, I never imagined before that I would be teaching the dean, associate dean and other senior professors how to dance "Nobody" by the Wondergirls. A pretty tough job, but I also have to admit that it's something that I enjoy more..hehehe! Actually I'm beginning to realize that perhaps my title should not be "instructor", but more appropriately a "dance instructor".
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment